Meet John-Louis Riccardi, a star guitarist and vocalist that plays for Spice Girls, Mel C, and The Overtones. Louis shares about his love for his instrument and his belief that he’s “always a student” and always learning.
- Name: John-Louis Riccardi
- Instrument of choice: Guitar and Vocals
- My first album was (artist and format): Chris Rea, Road To Hell on CD
- What is it about music that you love? It’s the soundtrack to life! It can make a great moment greater, a sad moment bearable and motivate you to be more than you thought you ever could be.
- What was the initial spark e.g. a song or band? Watching my dad play at his gigs, I thought “I want to do that!”
- How do you think music brings people together? It doesn’t matter what language someone speaks; you can always connect with them through music. I was once in Zimbabwe jamming a Beatles song with a local Shona choir, it was the music that brought us together. We can say with melody what cannot be said with words.
- Why does music work for team building? It’s uplifting, inclusive and just fun!
- What is your playlist ‘must’ to get motivated or pumped up? I’m a rock guy, so AC/DC or Audioslave for me.
- What is your favorite aspect of being a SongDivision artist? The energy. Always positive, and I love being part of a solid team.
- If you could describe the SongDivsion experience in three words, what would they be? Uplifting, inclusive, fun.
- What is one of your favourite SongDivision memories? An epic online zoom session pulling all kinds of songs out of nowhere. It was a really good band and the client loved it!
- What is your favorite:
Happy place song: Rosanna by Toto followed closely by Loco in Acapulco by Four Tops
Song you can’t help but sing: Sunshine on My Shoulders – John Denver
Song that motivates you: If You Want Blood (You’ve Got it) – AC/DC